Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: old pool

1. Back To Top    #1

old pool

trying to find part number for Hayward multiport valve. 1-1/2", sand, 33 years old, sand filter internal dimension is 24" ports entering filter are about 5-1/8" center to center.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: old pool

Do you have a photo?
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

no photo; It is similar to or is a Hayward SPX0710X32. The last time I bought one the valve inlet and outlet were a different dimension apart than the filter inlet and outlet. I didn't need the valve body at the time so I threw it away and just replaced the upper portion. Now that I need the body I am worried about ordering online, getting the wrong one and have to go through the return hassle.

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have a Hayward dealer near you. I find my local dealer gives me a fair deal on parts. I normally take in the part and we work out whats needed together. It's a local mom-and-pop type shop.

They also know things like "this valve changed in 19xx... the old one was like this..."
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

5. Back To Top    #5

I guess what I am saying is use the knowledge of your dealer and not that of some online resource that is great if you know exactly what you need, but horrid if you have any questions.
    -- Guy --

6. Back To Top    #6

yes, thanks. I'm going to a local dealer. The "on-line savings" is not worth it. I will get my model numbers then and post for others about what goes with what. thanks again for convincing me. I notice you describe your pool equipment with your responses, how do I do that?

7. Back To Top    #7

Upper left corner of the page is User Control Panel.

Navigate to edit your signature, and add your pool info there.
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.