WhisperFlo WFE-3 Wiring Problem.

Aug 26, 2013
I just Purchase a Whisperflo WFE-3 3/4hp but I don't know how to wire the pump on the timer. my timer have only 3 connection 120v I know the ( A is for Natural) (1 Is for line coming in) (2 is for load ) but in the motor it has (Brown On B )( line 1 I don't know what goes there) (Line two has White wire from the motor connected. but my question is on line two do I run a natural or a hot wire from the timer. can any one tell me how to wire this properly Thanks.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

The wiring diagram is on the placard on the motor. If you need help, please post a picture of your motor diagram as often the terminals are labelled differently.

Re: HELP Please - Pentair Whisperflo wiring issue

Split by moderator from HERE. Don't duplicate your questions, especially on a 4 year old thread. Thanks, jblizzle

I have the same pump but am having a problem were I don't know if I need to run a Natural and hot from my timer. my timer is 120v timer it has A / Neutral , Line 1 , Load my motor is the same as the picture above it has B, L1 , L2, A I wire my motor as a 120v brown on B and white on L2. so I guess I will run my wire from the timer to my motor like. time White wire A goes to motor L2 and my timer hot load wire to Motor L1 I just wondering if this is correct? or do I need to run it as fallow Time line 1 to motor L1 timer load to motor L2 with no neutral wire go in to the motor for 120v. please I need your help on this .Thanks

You need 3 wires running from the timer. A white Neutral, a hot off the LOAD side of the timer, and a ground.

If your motor shows the same diagram as in the other thread, the neutral should go to L2 (with the white wire in the motor) and the hot should go to L1. And the brown motor wire is on B.

am trying to attach a picture of the motor label but is saying its to big? but the label for low voltage it like this . (Brown to B - L1is open White- L2 and A is open ) so if I got this right its should work now if I turn on the power right now.

Well, since you just bought a new one, there is no point in looking now ... you should be good for many years.
Buying a new 2-speed motor to replace a new 1-speed would not likely justify itself for a long time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.