confused and need some advice

danpik

TFP Guide
Jun 4, 2012
western NY
Hi all
As the title says, I need some help figuring out the chemistry in my pool. short story, Came back from vacation to a messy pool. All was fine when I left. Current readings are PH <6.0, FC 0.5 (after a shock yesterday), TA 18 - 20 (suspect this is the problem) and stabilizer reading close to 0 (I had to use a test strip for this one) (yeah, I know). anyway, not sure what to do with the low TA reading. I am suspecting baking soda. Oh yeah, the pool is an 18' above ground. Currently re-reading pool school.

No, nobody was here. I suspect that since I still use pucks that that is the source. Unfortunately, this summer has been so bad here that the solar cover has not been off for a couple of weeks and I have been away from home more that usual. This has led to my neglecting the pool for at least a month other that putting pucks in the float. Once I am done with this batch of pucks this year I am going full BBB method. thanks for the confirmation Dave.

Yeah, I know. I used to use my neighbors kit when needed. He got promoted to a different position which caused him to move. (Or maybe he moved cause I was always using his kit...Hmmmmm) I fixed his heater a couple of times and bailed him out one cold winter night when his boiler pump quit. We got along quite well actually.

I got the TA back up to around 100 (titrated earlier, PH looked better too) wanted to check again but, it is raining buckets now. I will see tomorrow afternoon where I am.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.