Pump Replacement Pipe Size.

Does not matter. The pump would work through smaller pipe, just at a lower flow rate. Are you not able to find a 1.5" thread with a 2" pipe couple? Then you would not need adapters.

With what you have, you likely need a short 1.5" pipe into that fitting, then a 1.5"/2" reducer on the other end of the pipe, then a 2" coupler to the reducer and the other end to the pipe.

The restriction at your new 1.5 HP Hayward Superpump will will effect things some, but much of the reason for going with 2 inch pipe over 1.5 is the flow accumulated flow restriction down the length of the pipe.

Ike

Try again...

More to my story-
I'm adding a water feature and needed to buy an additional pump. There will be 3 water spouts on the feature but with a 5' rise and a run of ~ 40'. (I assume pretty low demand.)

My thinking is since my existing pool pump in a little old (1.25HP) and maybe undersized I will use it for the feature and buy a new 1.5HP pump for the pool. I bought the Hayward Superpump but was surprised to see the 1.5" pipe sizes.

My pool 18 x 36 ~ 26K gallon in GA....is a 1.25HP big enough?

jblizzle said:
Does not matter. The pump would work through smaller pipe, just at a lower flow rate. Are you not able to find a 1.5" thread with a 2" pipe couple? Then you would not need adapters.

With what you have, you likely need a short 1.5" pipe into that fitting, then a 1.5"/2" reducer on the other end of the pipe, then a 2" coupler to the reducer and the other end to the pipe.

Yes thanks...all very doable just wondering about the hydraulic dynamics......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.