pool brush for black algae

919qOA5V7FL._SL1500_.jpg

Like these. I get a big pack at Costco and we use them in the kitchen... I know I have one under my step, on the edge of my pool. I keep it there so when I am in the pool, I can do a quick scrub of my ladder. It dries out there but is not sitting in the sun.

You can scrape off black algae with a fingernail. If you can catch it, it will turn green when you mash it. Sometimes you'll see green on the pool when you scrape at it, too. It's kind of soft and waxy, it won't be like a stain when you scratch at it.

I guess I should mention, I use a standard nylon pool bush also for the larger sections of the wall but for my ladder and it's black spots, I use the sponge. I also use the sponge on the water line/fake tile area. I scrub a lap around the pool and inside the skimmer body with the sponge. I like to do it each weekend but when I forget...it reminds me (junk builds up to where I can see it).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.