Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bleach turned milky white in storage tank

1. Back To Top    #1

Bleach turned milky white in storage tank

I have been using a Stenner pump and 15 gal blue tank this year and I couldn't be happier with the results but I noticed when I started to refill my tank today that the little bit of bleach that was in the bottom of the tank was a milky white color. I have been careful to not let any junk fall into the tank and have only been using 12.5% from Menards. The pool is maintaining the correct level of chlorine so it doesn't seem that the chlorine is breaking down but I am at a loss to figure it out.

I have emptied the remaining bleach and rinsed the tank with distilled water to clean it out.

I am just looking for some ideas as to the cause since nothing came up in a search of this board or Google for that matter.

Thanks,

Jay
    Jay

28,000 gal in-ground hybrid pool with PacFab Superflow 100 sand filter witn VitroClean media, Intelliflo VS pump, Stenner chlorine pump, Raypak R336A Millivolt Natural Gas Pool Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bleach turned milky white in storage tank

The white stuff is most likely salt or a little excess lye that's dropping out of solution. Cleaning it out is a good thing, but I wouldn't worry about it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bleach turned milky white in storage tank

Bama,

Thanks for the reply/reassurance that everything is A-OK.

Jay
    Jay

28,000 gal in-ground hybrid pool with PacFab Superflow 100 sand filter witn VitroClean media, Intelliflo VS pump, Stenner chlorine pump, Raypak R336A Millivolt Natural Gas Pool Heater