Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I raise my chlorine level for one day??

1. Back To Top    #1

Should I raise my chlorine level for one day??

I have been following the BBB method all Summer with good results. I usually keep my FC around 8. CYA is 45.

Saturday I am having a party with roughly 25 people. Given the forecasted temperature and higher humidity levels for Saturday I'd venture to guess that most every one will be in the pool at some point in time.

My question is, given the heavy expected bather load on that one day, should I raise up my FC levels at all? If so, when should I do that? Should I simply raise it up the night before or maybe start raising it a day or two before??

16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Should I raise my chlorine level for one day??

If you're 8.0 FC @ 45 CYA when the party starts you ought to be just fine. A point bump or so wouldn't be bad if you can do it during the party, but if you can't, just ramp it up some afterwards. Following this has worked for me for a long time.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Should I raise my chlorine level for one day??

You can bump it up about an hour before the party if you like, if you are below shock level no one will even know, but I would no go that high. 8-10 is probably fine. Then check it afterwards.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!