Pump Run Time With Liquidator

Rwagen

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2013
Rockford, MI
Just installed my liquidator and have a question about when to run the pump. I have been adding my liquid chlorine at night but running the pump during the day. Now that my Liquidator is adding the chlorine, should I switch my pump timing to run at night or doesn't it matter?

Rick

Bo has a good point, but in reality it doesn't really matter so long as it doesn't drop below the minimum level for your CYA.

I run my pump in segments both day and night. I figure that way the FC stays about even throughout the day.

What Bo said is what I was thinking. Was hoping by doing that I could reduce some of my chlorine use. My CYA is 120 and I am currently pumping some water out of the pool to get it down. Once that is complete, and I slam the pool, I should be able to get a better idea how much I need daily.

Thanks for the help.

Rick

I ran my pump/LQ during the day so that the FC would stay balanced throughout the day with the sun beating down. Keep in mind it's not like dumping a jug in, it's a slow addition throughout pump run time. I run my SWG during the day for the same reason. As long as FC is still balanced at the beginning of the night, it'll stay there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.