Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Run Time With Liquidator

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Run Time With Liquidator

Just installed my liquidator and have a question about when to run the pump. I have been adding my liquid chlorine at night but running the pump during the day. Now that my Liquidator is adding the chlorine, should I switch my pump timing to run at night or doesn't it matter?

Rick
    30000 Gallon Gunite Pool
    StaRite system 3 cartridge filter MDL S8M150 450 sq ft
    1hp Max E Flo pump MDL P6RA6E-205L
    8 Gallon Liquidator w/ 3/8 inch Upgrade

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump Run Time With Liquidator

I would run it at night so you get the benefit of having the full dose of FC available to sanitize the pool before the midday sun begins consuming the chlorine.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Bo has a good point, but in reality it doesn't really matter so long as it doesn't drop below the minimum level for your CYA.

I run my pump in segments both day and night. I figure that way the FC stays about even throughout the day.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

What Bo said is what I was thinking. Was hoping by doing that I could reduce some of my chlorine use. My CYA is 120 and I am currently pumping some water out of the pool to get it down. Once that is complete, and I slam the pool, I should be able to get a better idea how much I need daily.

Thanks for the help.

Rick
    30000 Gallon Gunite Pool
    StaRite system 3 cartridge filter MDL S8M150 450 sq ft
    1hp Max E Flo pump MDL P6RA6E-205L
    8 Gallon Liquidator w/ 3/8 inch Upgrade

5. Back To Top    #5

I ran my pump/LQ during the day so that the FC would stay balanced throughout the day with the sun beating down. Keep in mind it's not like dumping a jug in, it's a slow addition throughout pump run time. I run my SWG during the day for the same reason. As long as FC is still balanced at the beginning of the night, it'll stay there.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!