Jandy CVA 24

Aug 19, 2013
Last night as we were in the jacuzzi, an end cap from my pool solar heater blew off. The Jandy 3-way valve (CVA 24) was in the position that closed off the water to the solar so I simply put the toggle switch in the center position thinking it would keep water from going to the solar panels and i could continue running the pump for filtration. I found out when I returned home the water flow didn't stop to the roof. It was a very small amount compared to what it would be if the valve were open. It there a way to get the Jandy valve completely off?

Was there a hole added to the Jandy diverter to allow the panels to drain with the pump off? If not, then the valve should stop all the water.

Is there a check valve on the solar return line that prevents the water from entering the panels backward? If not (or it is leaking), maybe the water went up that way.

Adding pictures of your plumbing setup may help.

Thank you for you very quick response. I was able to locate a guy in San Diego who helped me understand about my solar panel. I sucessfully put it back together last night. I have "pool school" on saturday at my house so I will be able to better understand my system. Thanks again!

That may help understand the equipment, but I would take anything they say about chemistry with a grain of salt. You will find much better and more accurate info here for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.