Building new Pool need pump recommendations

ftdoan

Aug 19, 2013
Hey guys,

About to build a 30x14 pool around 16000 gallons. Pool has 3 water sheers and 2 ledge bubblers. No spa. Will have 2 inch piping.

Builder is giving me options on pentair equipment. Is currently quoting 3hp inteliflo. Would this be the be the most efficient way to go?

It takes energy to move water and the more water you move, the more energy it takes.

The most efficient way to pump is to eliminate the water features and bubblers but I suspect you don't want to do that. However, I doubt you will be running them all that much when not using the pool so maybe the efficiency doesn't matter so much.

A VS pump stays efficient at most all speeds so it allows you to adjust the flow rate for the features used. Having a second pump is not really any more efficient and in some cases can be less efficient.

Which pump are they recommending? I am not aware of a Pentair VS pump that is only 2HP. The Intellifo is a 3HP pump I thought ... unless it is the i1 which is identical, but with software limiting the maximum output.

If it is the i1, I would suggest getting the regular VS instead in case you need the extra power.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.