Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool filling up tomorrow...what products should I keep?

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool filling up tomorrow...what products should I keep?

We are having our liner installed tomorrow and will begin filling up the pool. The pool builder will get it all up and running and started for us. I have read through this site multiple times and ordered the test kit. I'm wondering should I keep the stuff that's recommended to treat the pool on hand or should I just purchase it as I test and see what's needed? I'm all new to this so wasn't sure how often you are adding things to the pool.
    Installed in September, 2013 18x36 (28,000 gallons) lagoon shaped, vinyl pool, with steel walls. Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump, intellichlor salt generator, pentair cartridge filter CCP320

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool filling up tomorrow...what products should I ke

About the only thing you know you'll need at this point is chlorine. I'd stock up on a little bleach. You'll need a little to get started probably. You'll probably need some acid at some point, so I'd go ahead and get a bottle of that. Other than that just wait until you can test and see what you need.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

It's much cheaper to use what we reccomend. Even with your SWG you'll want to keep bleach on hand as you get it dialed in. Same for muratic acid to lower you're likely rising ph.

See if you can get a list of every thing they're putting in, some you may not want in there like algaecide. You may need additional CYA depending on your test results.
    18x36 inground vinyl lined, Hayward sand filter and tablet chrolinator, approx 18k gallon

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you both, I'll find out what they are intending to put in it.
    Installed in September, 2013 18x36 (28,000 gallons) lagoon shaped, vinyl pool, with steel walls. Pentair intelliflo variable speed pump, intellichlor salt generator, pentair cartridge filter CCP320