Polaris Intermittently Starts Up

Jun 23, 2010
I am have issues with a Polaris 280 starting intermittently. The cleaner starts when it is programmed to, and runs the programmed time. But it can start up again later in the day or evening. I have re-programmed my equipment and even replaced my controller board. The problem still exists. Obviously something is causing the polaris pump to get the signal to turn on. Thoughts?

Which automation system do you have controlling it?
In order for it to start it has to get power through the relay. In order for that to happen the programming has to be telling the relay to energize. There's probably some section of programming that's telling it to start that you haven't found yet. Have you recently added or changed anything in the automation system?

Jamesg0824 said:
I am have issues with a Polaris 280 starting intermittently. The cleaner starts when it is programmed to, and runs the programmed time. But it can start up again later in the day or evening. I have re-programmed my equipment and even replaced my controller board. The problem still exists. Obviously something is causing the polaris pump to get the signal to turn on. Thoughts?

Do you have a spa with a remote (spa-side) control?
If so, try disconnecting the remote at the computer board.
If normal operation is restored, you either have a bad remote or a problem with the remote control wiring.

I recently replaced the control board. The outside controller is a Jandy/Aqualink 6613/6614. Tonight I am going to clear out all programming information and re-program the equipment. I do have control buttons mounted in the spa but not a remote. I have program control board installed in my house. If all of this doesn't work I am thinking the Polaris relay would be next in line. About two months ago I had to replace the relay for my main pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.