Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Vari-flo filter valve cover cracked

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Vari-flo filter valve cover cracked

Just under the decal that indicates where the handle is set I have a small hairline crack. I searched online but can only find the "key cover and handle assembly." I was hoping to find just the cover. I don't need the handle, spring, base plate, etc. The one I have now is black, SP-710X62.

This crack might emphasize the importance of tightening down the 6 bolts evenly and not just one side at a time. I've only opened it once and the crack came much later on, but who knows.
    13,500 gallon IG Diamond Brite Super Blue, Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 300 lb Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Swim Pure+ SWG, Four 4X20 Fafco Solar Bears, Jandy Lite2 NG Heater, Borates, Blue Diamond Robot, TF100 & Refills, Taylor SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Vari-flo filter valve cover cracked

Unfortunately that part is only sold as an assembly. You may be able to find a used unit on craigslist with a good top.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Vari-flo filter valve cover cracked

I did find a replacement for $20.
    Leisure time pools in OK has some on their website. Shipping was fair too.
    13,500 gallon IG Diamond Brite Super Blue, Pentair Superflo 1.5 HP 2 speed pump, 300 lb Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward Swim Pure+ SWG, Four 4X20 Fafco Solar Bears, Jandy Lite2 NG Heater, Borates, Blue Diamond Robot, TF100 & Refills, Taylor SpeedStir