AquaPure 1400 2Port to 3Port Conversion Kit - 172 & 181

Aug 25, 2013
I just installed a conversion kit (3port cell, power cable, tri-sensor) and chose to install as intended with the tri-sensor in the third port. I replumbed my system removing the old sensor/T config.

Everything was going as planned until i was ready to plug in the tri-sensor and realized that I had been sent the "daughter" card but did not receive any instructions of when to use as well as jumper and calibration instructions. I have since located the instructions but prior to that had tried all configurations...meaning I installed 1) with the daughter card - jumper on ; 2) with daughter card - jumper off; 3) without the daughter card. In all cases the result was that the system came on in "Cell Reversing" mode, just shortly after the Service light and service codes came on: 145, 172, 181. The salinity level was not high prior to installing the new kit and was verified by a local pool company.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue. My system did not have these codes prior to installing this kit. I installed because one the the 3 pins on my old 2-port cell corroded off and the system stopped producing Chlorine.

I would really appreciate help with this issue....I already spend $500 on the conversion kit....I really am committed to making this Jandy equipment work at this point.

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

These sensor issues can be a little bit tricky and quite honestly more trouble than it should be. A couple things:

When the daughter card is plugged in and you calibrate the flow sensor, is the little green light on the daughter board staying lit?

Also, have you just let it run for a while to see if it clears itself? Sometimes it needs to run and reset itself through self diagnostics. (e.g. an hour or two)

The calibration light did not stay on...it flashed green for a second and then went off....I assumed this was the expected behavior. I tried it a couple of times...various configurations and it always just flashes for a second. Is the light supposed to stay on?

The pool has been running for more than 24 hours....still the same codes. I had the salinity tested and it came it at 3000....so I have calibrated the system to that level...172 and 181 still remain.

I called Jandy to get some help and they have advised that I need to hire a Jandy Tech to run diagnostics....going rate around here is $117 to tell you what is wrong...then you pay labor and parts to resolve the issue. Still hoping to take care of this myself.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Charles.

The green light on the daughter card should stay on after you press and hold the button. When the system powers up after that, the light will initially be off and will come on after about a minute (and remain on). A few minutes later, the system will finish diagnostics and all the appropriate lights on the display should fire up. It should then start producing chlorine or in your case it probably beeps and throws the error codes.

When you said you found the instructions....you mean these right?

And just to cover your bases, did you verify the front board is ok? The troubleshooting guide is located here. As long as the calibration numbers are close, it's ok. It's worth a shot if you have everything opened up anyway.

I'm with you 100% to save cash. You shouldn't need a Jandy tech to resolve this.

Thanks...the manuals you sent are the ones that I managed to find after quite a bit of searching...wish I had posted my message first.

I double-checked this morning and the calibration light on the daughter card will not stay on....does this mean that the tri-sensor is bad or could it still mean that the main board has issues? I could not find any references anywhere to the expected behavior of the green light or what to do if it does not stay on.

At this point none of the tri-sensor numbers are accurate (flow, salinity, temp) so it seems to me that the tri-sensor or the daughter card are bad.

Thanks for the quick responses and the help thus far.

Charles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.