Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Logic PS-8 Teach Wireless problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Logic PS-8 Teach Wireless problems

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and also to owning a pool! My controller is a goldline aqualogic PS-8. When I moved in I was also given a spa-side remote and a wireless remote. Both of these don't seem to do anything! The buttons work (as when I push them they beep or light up). I have tried going into the settings on the main control panel. I have changed the wireless channels (tried 1 to 5). I have tried re-teaching a million times. This doesn't seem to be doing anything. On my wireless controlled I just get error messages such as teaching failed, last button press wasn't received, base station not responding, etc. I think I may have a problem with my base receiving unit. This is the only other thing that makes sense to me. I have the first gen unit- AQL-BASE-RF. I have even unscrewed the faceplate on the control panel, unplugged the Receiver unit and plugged it back in. Still teach wireless failed!

Any suggestions from anyone? I don't really wanna go buy a new receiving unit as they appear to be about $150!

Also- is there anyway I can control my aqua logic PS-8 with my iphone or computer?

Thanks everyone!

20,000g IG plaster, natural slate tile and masonry cascades. Three levels (upper wading 12" dp, with 3.5-ft slate cascade); secondary (double 2-ft waterfall cascades); lower main swimming, two skimmers, Caretaker99. Pump 3hp Haywired, 4-cartridge filter. Las Vegas, NV (desert enviro). Water temp: winter avg. 45f, summer avg. 86f. Water service: private well, TDS hard @ 250+ppm but NO Ca+ !! Pool TDS 770 with major lime-deposit issue and tenacious mustard algae currently being nuked with SLAM.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Aqua Logic PS-8 Teach Wireless problems

Welcome to TFP!

I know this is an old post and no one answered it, but wanted to encourage you to continue to post and ask questions. Not every question gets an answer, but we should have at least welcomed you to the forum.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"