Pump wont circulate with filter in it

Aug 25, 2013
Hello,
I am new here and really need some help. My pump intex 633t filter size B pumps 2500 gals. This just started a week ago and I am at a loss on what to do. If I put the filter in the pump it will not "suck" through the skimmer. However if I take the filter out it runs and skims perfectly with lots of suction. I have cleaned the hoses and tried everything. The filters are cleaned regularly and I even bought a new one. Please help!!!!!!

I have a Intex Ultra frame 12x24x52

Are you using the Intex filter cartridge? Not some no name replacement? If it is a no name, you could have a bad filter, even brand new. A genuine Intex will have the name molded into one or both endcaps.

Is there a piece of pipe in the center of the filter, with holes in it? Intex pumps require that center support style cartridge. The pump itself is a high volume low pressure unit, and will collapse the filter without that center support.

If we can help you get this sorted out, you would be $$ ahead and have a cleaner pool with Unicel or Filbur cartridges. The Unicel part is C-5315, Filbur FC-3752.

After having problems with even the genuine Intex filter carts, I went to the Unicel, and with proper cleaning, I am on my second season with mine.

Thanks for the info. Yes we are using intex filters and its exactly like what came with the pump. I have bought 2 new ones and they were fine until they got dirty. I have cleaned them and they will work for a few but stop. Since its now september I gave up and will try again next year.

and they will work for a few but stop
I assume that means they start out working but then rather quickly stop. That answer is usually that they are doing exactly what they are intended to do, filtering debris from your water.

SLAM the pool next spring and get your water clear and I doubt the problem will continue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.