Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No pump delay when actuators switch to spa mode

1. Back To Top    #1

No pump delay when actuators switch to spa mode

Hello, I am a new pool owner and I tried to put all my details in my sig. My pool has been opened about 2 months now.

Over the last few days I've noticed that the filter pump no longer switches off for several seconds when I activate spa mode. Previously, when I pressed spa mode on my Aqualink RS PDA, it would say something like "spa mode will start after a short delay", and it would display dashes instead of the word ON next to Spa Mode. During this time the filter pump would stop, I would watch the actuators move from pool to spa modes, and as soon as they reached their spa destination positions the pump would turn back on. Then the PDA would say ON.

Now, when I press Spa Mode, it displays the word ON immediately. And the filter pump stays on while the actuators are moving from pump mode position to spa mode position.

1) Is this bad for the equipment, and I should manually turn off the pump while switching, until I have this problem resolved?
    2) How do I resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nathan
    28,500 gal. A&S gunite pool w/ spa. Zodiac PlusHP pump w/ Jandy DEV DE pool filter. Jandy Valve Actuators JVA244, Raypak gas heater, Nature2 Fusion Inground chlorinator with Nature2 mineral cartridge. Jandy Slide backwash valve, Polaris 380 cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 pressure cleaner booster pump. Aqualink RS PDA. Hayward ColorLogic Lights.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No pump delay when actuators switch to spa mode

It sounds like the pump stop part of the program got deleted or over ridden.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: No pump delay when actuators switch to spa mode

[mQUOTE=Nathan_Marlboro;566099]Hello, I am a new pool owner and I tried to put all my details in my sig. My pool has been opened about 2 months now.

Over the last few days I've noticed that the filter pump no longer switches off for several seconds when I activate spa mode. Previously, when I pressed spa mode on my Aqualink RS PDA, it would say something like "spa mode will start after a short delay", and it would display dashes instead of the word ON next to Spa Mode. During this time the filter pump would stop, I would watch the actuators move from pool to spa modes, and as soon as they reached their spa destination positions the pump would turn back on. Then the PDA would say ON.

Now, when I press Spa Mode, it displays the word ON immediately. And the filter pump stays on while the actuators are moving from pump mode position to spa mode position.

1) Is this bad for the equipment, and I should manually turn off the pump while switching, until I have this problem resolved?
    2) How do I resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Nathan[/QUOTE]

Nathan, I'm having this problem now. Did you get this resolved if so do you remember how?