Another Pentair automation issue...

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
We went away for a few days... I prepped the pool by making sure pH was at the low end, FC at the high end and SWG working properly. I have VF pump on IT panel with ScreenLogic alerts set up. We hit the road to come home this morning and I went to iPhone and turned heater on and cranked temp up. All the way home I am checking my iPhone and the temp is dropping. I had not really looked at it for a few days. I could not understand why the temp was going down in the middle of the 85 degree day with the heater running. Once I get home I see the filter pump GFCI had tripped. I looked at ScreenLogic history and found that the last two days when it shows the pump circuit running, the temp slowly crept up instead of taking the jump it normally does when water starts circulating. Based on that I know my filter and SWG have not been running for 3 days. Luckily FC was still at 1 and TC at 1.5, so I immediately raised FC to upper end of normal level. But the main thing I am ****** about is that the IT and Screen Logic NEVER generated any alert that comm had been lost with the pump! I have alerts enabled in ScreenLogic for all devices. I even tested by turning the pump power off myself and ScreenLogic shows Power Outage Alarm and Comm lost in the system alerts. But no alert received. And, of course, the iPhone interface does NOT show any alert conditions!!!! Excellent design!

I originally had the issue with the error message always popping up when I try to set the alert settings, but it seems that Pentair resolved that a couple weeks ago on their servers. All entries are correct... but I find NO way to test the email capability! So I have no way of knowing if it will work or not, I am quickly losing faith in this system and getting more and more frustrated by its shortcomings. I relied on it and have now lost a day of swim time (temp way too low) and could have come home to an algae filled pool. With an alert I could have had a neighbor reset it right away for me.

Does anyone actually have SL alerts working with the 713 software/firmware?

I went and cleared out all alert settings, saved, then went back in and reentered everything from scratch. Went to test it by turning off power to pump, and again, no alert. Then about 30 minutes later, I got an alert that the pump lost comm.!! Then about 30 minutes after my scheduled off time for the filter pump, I got another alert that comm was lost with my IC-60.

So, they are now coming in, for some unknown reason, but they are 30 minutes late... and it looks like I will get one every day when my filter pump starts and stops, since it is not smart enough to know that the IC-60 is powered by the filter pump relay (as instructed to do). I could turn off IC alerts, but then I wont get any real ones... which leads me to ask where I can find a list of all alerts SC is supposed to be sending? I do not see any info in any manual on this.

I have only one sched for pump... on at 9am, off at 8pm. I manually turned it back on at around 8:30 last night so it would run all night and maintain temp with heater. I got an alert this morning at 8:17 that says the IC if offline... which I know now is "code" for the filter pump turned off. The alert report time was 7:16am... so it took over an hour for Pentair to send me the alert, and I have no idea why the filter pump shut off at 7:16am... the only schedule has it turning ON at 9am and off at 8pm. Again, I have no idea why the alerts are taking an hour now and why the pump shut off. Is this all typical of what others are seeing with this 713 update? Or am I the only one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.