Brand New Pool Startup

Here's an update on the testing, 12 days after fill.

FC 3.0
CC less than 0.5, very slight color after adding R-0003
pH 7.8 (adding 20 oz MA to lower to 7.4)
TA 120 (added 4 lbs baking soda Friday to increase from 70 - did not expect it to get all the way to 120, maybe it was closer to 90? I'm improving on performing this test.)
CH 170 (added about 5.3 lbs of calcium chloride Thursday to increase from 120 - in line with pool calculator, may add remaining 2.7 lbs CaCl2, which should get CH closer to 200)
CYA 15-20 (Added about 64 oz liquid stabilizer day after fill and remaining 64 oz Thursday - on hold to see if it increases further)

Thanks for the previous input, it's been very helpful!

I have a question about linen's comment:

From the PebbleTec website, it suggests keeping TA and CH more towards 70-80 and CH closer to 200.

http://www.pebbletec.com/support/pool-care-instructions

Pebble Technology, Inc. recommends that pool owners "balance" their pool water using the "Langlier Saturation Index" (chart found at http://www.whitmer.com/saturation_index.htm). This system takes into account pH, alkalinity, water temperature, chlorine and calcium hardness. We recommend that for the first 30 days pH and alkalinity be monitored regularly as they can directly affect the appearance of the surface. It might help to maintain levels of pH, alkalinity and calcium hardness toward the lower end of the index. Keep in mind, based on your water source, you may need to add "Muriatic acid" to your new pool 2 to 3 times per week during the first month.

I appreciate the feedback and I am just curious to hear opinions on the two views.

FYI, my current readings are:

FC: 5.0 (Yes, a little high - I am still calibrating Stenner pump run time, and it's actually been cooler and cloudy in Austin for a change)
CC: 0.0
pH: 7.5
TA: 70-80 (Has dropped back down)
CH: 180 (Also has dropped back down)
CYA: Around 25

Any comments on the current readings are also appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.