Help Please! pump is down

JT2006

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Southwest Arizona (Yuma)
I wasn't home when the pool guy came but when I came home there is a note on my door that the pump motor or capacitor is out. I went back to try to turn the pump on and nothing! :grrrr: Figures it would have to happen on a Saturday night. What am I going to do now?

First step...relax. Your pool will not turn green overnight.

Here is a great case study of a member who was without power for about a week and a half: Newbie trying to avoid a problem. Maintained a clear pool throughout this period which included several storms and temps over 100°F. Chock full of simple yet effective solutions.

The most important thing is to keep maintaining the proper FC throughout this period. This plays the starring role in maintaining clear water. Swim around to stir the water up. May also have to manually churn the water with a brush or similar implement. But you and your pool can get through this.

Ok problem solved for now. It was the capacitor. Since it is Sunday and no parts are available I took the one off the motor for the spa jets. That'll have to work until tomorrow when I can hopefully find a capacitor. I called Leslie's and they don't sell parts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.