Testing after days of rain?

Jun 30, 2013
I am from the New Orleans area and like most summers it has been raining really heavy every day for about the last week. This is making testing hard as for now I only have test trips (but just ordered a TF 100 based on recommendation from another thread). Since the top of the pool is largely just rain water at this point, I have been trying to fill a bottle from water lower in the pool, but after doing this at two different stores I got two really different readings which makes me think the water being tested was only partially mixed with chemicals at that point.

So I guess my question is how to reliably test pool during periods (days) of heavy rain? It will be easier when I can test better at home to do it multiple times, but this seems pretty ad-hoc and I imaigne I will automatically favor the results taht look better...

With the pump running rain makes little to no difference on pool testing. The different test results weren't due to the rain, rather due to poor store testing. A sample taken to two stores from an indoor pool can get the same errors.

Your own testing will cut this issue down. The results will be very close, and you'll find that rain doesn't have a huge effect on pool water.

Leebo said:
With the pump running rain makes little to no difference on pool testing. The different test results weren't due to the rain, rather due to poor store testing. A sample taken to two stores from an indoor pool can get the same errors.

Your own testing will cut this issue down. The results will be very close, and you'll find that rain doesn't have a huge effect on pool water.
This^^. I purposely divert rain from my roof into my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.