New Build Starts Monday - Sand and pool filter question

carlb

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2013
After 4 months of planning, we finally start to dig. If it don't rain, workers show up, blah, blah....

What started as a hot tub project has grown into a Grotto Pool with Spa, Cabana bath, .... you know how it goes.

I threw in a Tiki Bar, just because I've always wanted one and of course, more stuff enters my mind. As in, how about in a 4 foot sunken semi-circle around the front of the Tiki bar with sand for the Beach look and feel?

Anyone with any experience with this idea? I don't have kids at home but drinking friends will still track sand. I don't mind the after party deck hose down but am concerned with sand in the pool filter/pump.

I'm thinking of very fine white sand. Not course orange beach sand. or maybe that would work better?

Ideas or suggestions?

thanks,

carl

How far is it between the bar and the pool? If it's several feet then it probably won't be too much of a problem. You could always throw down a coconut mat between the pool and bar. It'd still have that beach feel but it'd knock a little sand off.

A little sand won't hurt your pump or filter. You may have to vacuum a little more.

duraleigh said:
Place a "rinse pan" near the pool and ask that all the beach bums step into it to rinse their feet prior to entering the pool......that'll get 90% of it, maybe more.

I do this for my little pool for the kids to use and it works great. As long as I am out there to make sure they do it. :mrgreen:

Agree.... I was ready to go 2 weeks ago only to find my home builder decided to take a short cut from the electrical transformer to the house. Right through the side yard where the pool is to be built.

No real problems. got the wire moved to the easement, of course, at my cost.

It's just Business....

Well.... Hole got dug. My driveway and circle road spotted with many 1 to 2 foot hydraulic oil spots. Due to subs excavator.

Notified Builder no one come near the property unless I'm there to inspect all equipment.

this is B.S.

Steel guys showed up today. I had to leave before they completed. Will check tomorrow.

I will be at the Pool Builders Office Tuesday afternoon to discuss his cleanup. I granted access not damage rights.
arrrg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.