Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Resilience PSC-3 SWG Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Resilience PSC-3 SWG Problem

Hello

My SWG (Resilience PSC-3) is giving me problems. When I checked it the other evening all of the lights on the unit were flashing red. Not sure how long that had been going on. I turned it off and then back on. Turned the dial several notches up as I usually do to get it in the 80% setting and I'm not getting any readings on the scale (where the system notes the %). Tried several times with no luck. I then turned on the "power booster" at the top of the unit and it flashed red as it usually does but after about 5 minutes or so the entire unit with all the lights flashing red. Went ahead and shut off the unit at that point. Tested my water and it shows that I have very little FC.

I checked the manual and the Resilience website but really couldn't find anything that describes my situation. Any advice as to what may be going on here before I get a service call?

Thanks in advance.
    14,000 gal sand filter IG Vinyl SWG Pentair 3/4 HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Resilience PSC-3 SWG Problem

I can't help you out here, sorry, but you might want to add some bleach to keep your FC level in range till you get it figured out.

You don't want a visit from the green monster ! Welcome to TFP !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Resilience PSC-3 SWG Problem

It sounds like a board problem. How old is the unit?
    If it's in warranty, I would contact the manufacturer before doing much to it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

The board and unit is in its 6th season. A crazy question here but if it is a board problem, will that cause the unit not to function in generating chlorine?

Also, I wonder if this might have been caused by me slamming my pool a few weeks back. During the slamming process, I also continued to use the SWG for the 2-3 day process..
    14,000 gal sand filter IG Vinyl SWG Pentair 3/4 HP pump

5. Back To Top    #5

A bad control board will stop the unit from generating.
    I doubt that the SLAMing caused the problem.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Where can I get the board?