New vinyl pool build in southwest Louisiana

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
We are in the process of having our pool installed. It's been a very slow, long process but are slowly nearing the end. Just waiting on the liner to come in now. It's a custom vinyl pool. We added a bench in the deep end and have wide steps across part of the shallow end. It's a lagoon shape that we went with.
zuvequ8y.jpg

vu4a8e4e.jpg

ute4ada7.jpg

uba2u3ev.jpg

aru2a3es.jpg

u2e6asu3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

WOW!! That looks super! Do you mind posting what it cost? I am just starting to get quotes and due to the cost of an IG gunite or a fiberglass pools being so high, I am thinking of going with IG vinyl. I love the custom look and size of your pool. If you have completed pics to post, I'd like to see them.

Thanks

This cost us $32,000, the pool was originally $30,000. We upgraded the pump, added the seat in the deep and added 4 deck jets. It will also have two led lights. The liner is scheduled to be delivered sometime on Monday and he will install it on Tuesday. I'll be sure to post photos once its finished.

Ok I may have a problem! We live on 40 acres and the land slowly slopes down from the front of the property to the back. We live in the back. My pool builder came and dug while we were out of own for softball for my daughter. I told him the land sloped and that we figured the pool would need to be built up. He said he would shoot grades. When we came home the hole was there and I asked if it was high enough out the ground and he said yes it's perfect for our yard. Well we just had a hard fast downpour and the water ran over the cement deck and Ito the pool. Is there anything I can do to fix this? We still don't have the liner in yet so it's not finished.

asy9agyh.jpg

a9yva3u2.jpg

OMG. That is really a huge issue. Rainwater allowed to flow in to a pool is a NEVER ENDING source of agony.

I would say a fix is absolutely mandatory.

Several ways to keep the water out of the pool by cutting a path or a drain that keeps it below the lowest deck level but it simply has to be done.

My first reaction is PB might not be up to speed on correct drainage so he may need help, but I would go no further until that was resolved.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Isaac-1 said:
Now I REALLY want to know who the pool builder is so I know who to tell people to be cautious about
I believe nothing is wrong with PB in this case. Site just need some grading to fix the issue.
-- or --
we can go to "He said he would shoot grades" and ask what he was thinking about.

ktyler, what stone did you use for coping? Is it travertine?

He came and checked it out this morning and said it would be easy to grade it so the water went away from the pool. He is going to do that tomorrow, the ground was still too wet today. I'm glad it rained like it did before he liner was in and it was finished. Now he can fix it and hopefully we will be fine. He told me he could have built it up, he just didn't want it to be too big of a drop off near my house and was confident that after he graded it we would be fine. And yes it's travertine that we have for the coping. So far this has been the only issue we have had, all of his work seems to be great, although a little slower than what he told us it would be originally, but from talking with friends that have used other builders, it seems everyone has that complaint. I'm just glad we are nearing the end now.

ktyler said:
although a little slower than what he told us it would be originally, but from talking with friends that have used other builders, it seems everyone has that complaint.
I believe that's how pool construction usually goes due to weather related delays. We are scheduled for similar lagoon-style pool for mid September.
What size is your coping paver? 12''x12''?

Yes they are 12x12 pavers. Then we have 4 ft of concrete around the back side and poured extra for an area for lounge chairs. We also put umbrella holes around so when the kids are in we can have umbrellas up to offer shade.

I know this is an old thread, but would love to see an update on this pool! This is the pool we are putting in. We are in SW Louisiana also!

Here you go, we still love it. We had so many problems with our builder, he is no longer in business, but we do love the pool.

Love it!! I can't wait for ours to go in! Love the deck jets too! I just messaged my builder today to fin our additional cost of those. He is supposedly the best in the Lake Charles area, so hopefully we won't have any issues. What types of plants did you plant around it? I've been researching what to plant around ours because I really don't want the normal palms and such. Ours is in full sun until about 4-5pm depending on the time of year.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go, we still love it. We had so many problems with our builder, he is no longer in business, but we do love the pool.

Love it!! I can't wait for ours to go in! Love the deck jets too! I just messaged my builder today to fin our additional cost of those. He is supposedly the best in the Lake Charles area, so hopefully we won't have any issues. What types of plants did you plant around it? I've been researching what to plant around ours because I really don't want the normal palms and such. Ours is in full sun until about 4-5pm depending on the time of year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.