Home Depot is carrying 8.25% bleach now.

Around here the germicide bleach is inside and the pool chlorine (10%) is outside near the pool supplies. Sometimes it is further away if they stock the MA near the pool stuff since they cannot stock MA and LC near each other. I would think in TX they would stock pool supplies year round.

Brushpup said:
I wonder if it will move fast enough.
Pool_Fool, this is a very key point. I once purchased 10% bleach from a Big Box store. Must have sat around for a while since my test results told me that I had to dose with this "10%" bleach as though it were 6%. Lesson learned. I would favor purchasing bleach from a source with a high product turnover as opposed to focusing solely on the % concentration.

BoDarville said:
Brushpup said:
I wonder if it will move fast enough.
Pool_Fool, this is a very key point. I once purchased 10% bleach from a Big Box store. Must have sat around for a while since my test results told me that I had to dose with this "10%" bleach as though it were 6%. Lesson learned. I would favor purchasing bleach from a source with a high product turnover as opposed to focusing solely on the % concentration.

+1 to Bo... Bo Knows :mrgreen:

Listen to Bo on this, as it obviously happened to him already. People in general are just not in the bleach buying mode at HD, so it will sit, and sit, and for who knows how long.

You can also look for the manufacture date. It will be a series of numbers. They will give you the year,the day of the year, time, and the plant where it was manufactured

Example. 13 154 03:33 P1 VA-01. That was manufactured on the 154th day of 2013. That was from an empty bottle of bleach from Wally World I had.

Around here, the pool chlorine at HD moves quickly. The 10% (and the 8.25% Great Value) at WalMart absolutely flies off the shelves so it seems like it must be the freshest but how many miles does it have on it? The WalMart stuff, either one, are pretty close in per per FC ounce with the 10% edging it slightly. The 12% i can get is almost exactly the same per FC ounce.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.