SE TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Two weeks ago I had to change the motor on my whisperflo. I put a new seal in when I installed the motor and did not have any leaks, but in the time since then have developed a leak that appears to be coming from the motor.

Do I need to change the seal again, or is it likely that I can pull it apart, put some silicon on it and put it back together?

TIA

You may be able to take it apart and clean it, but it's more likely that you have to replace it. The most common mistake that people make when replacing a shaft seal is not keeping it very clean and straight when reassembling it. Any dirt or trash left on the sealing surfaces will soon scratch and ruin the seal. Sealant won't help if it's scratched.

a most lucky and event occurred....it stopped leaking on its own. I went to replace the seal and it wasn't leaking. Went on vacation for a week, came back still no leak.

Not complaining...just curious if this happens often?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.