How do I fix this?

Jul 24, 2013
Blair, Nebraska
We bought a used AGP and moved it to our house last month. Setup went well and the pool has been working out great. We re-used the liner since it was in good shape.

The problem I have is that after we filled the pool and have been using it for a few weeks, the liner has pulled away slightly below one corner of the skimmer hole and I now have water leaking between the liner and the pool wall. I'm not sure if it's possible to remove the skimmer frame and pull the liner back up, or if I should try to patch in another small piece of liner somehow. How can I fix this?

I tried to take a picture but of course, the leak is underwater, and I doubt my cell phone would survive the experience.

This is why reusing a liner can be challenging.

Depending how much it has pulled down, you might be able to stretch it back up into place and re-clamp in the skimmer plate (I assume thescrew holes were torn?...you may need to add a silicone rtv to help hold the liner then). You would need to let the water level drop below the opening to allow the sun to warm some portion of the liner below the hole (you may need to drain quite a bit to do this, maybe even down to the cove).

If Linen's fix won't work you can get a piece of liner (local pool stores usually have pieces left over) and make a large patch over the entire skimmer area and then put the skimmer back on and cut the hole in the patched area.

Good call Bama. that's what I would do too. Drain down below the skimmer...put a full patch over the entire thing...let glue dry well, then reinstall the skimmer, and cut out the hole once the skimmer was reattached. Maybe a new gasket for the skimmer too????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.