Reflection

unkyjoe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 24, 2013
Seguin TX
Years ago before I knew about TFP I owned a 24ft AGP that a friend gave us.

I was constantly adding Chlorine-Muratic Acid-More Chlorine-More Muriatic acid etc etc etc.

My liner in that pool lasted only 2 seasons before it began to dry out and crack and eventually leak. Mind you it was out in the South Texas sun with western exposure for those two years, and I thought I was maintaining the pool properly.

Now that I have TFP I understand I probably damaged the liner more than the sun did.

I have added two chemicals to my Intex pool this year, Liquid Bleach and CYA, I have been able to control my PH this year by simply aerating the water and have not had the need for Muriatic Acid at all this year.

I am also not fighting the chlorine levels or algae this year and have had so many compliments on the clarity of my water and the fact that eyes and noses are not burning or that the pool has that chlorine smell.

I fancied myself a pretty darn good pool person... until I found TFP, talk about teaching an old dog new tricks :)

So thanks to all of you here at TFP for all the help and wonderful information :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.