Hot aquapure 1400 transformer

tafox

Jul 16, 2013
:grrrr: pool service came out and replaced my flow sensor with the new tri sensor adapter and now the unit is VERY HOT especially the transformer! I have a home warranty policy that covers salt cell issues. I usually replace the flow sensor myself but bc of the policy I got them to do it. Well evidently the jandy flow sensor is now replaced with the Zodiac tri sensor with the adaptor board. I have the white metal box that you have to unscrew 2 screws to access the circuit board. Its not the grey plastic box I keep hearing about. I believe my version needed the jumper on the circuit board so I finally found it and put in on but the transformer is VERY HOT when new flow sensor is plugged in if I unplug it it cools down. This was not a problem before they worked on it or never in the past when I replaced the flow sensor with the jandy brand with the adaptor board. any ideas....its been over a month since my pool has been fully functioning......FRUSTRATED!!! :hammer: T

Honestly, the only thing that should generate heat would be the transformer. That should have little or no effect on sensor issues. The sensor is just telling the computer is ok to tell the cell to fire. Make sure the transformer is free of debris and double check your three pin power cable to the cell. If there is any questionable connection (e.g. corrosion, loose pins) that could cause the overheating. Based on your previous posts, is this your second cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.