Sand washed out, repair?

Aug 22, 2013
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum. We have a 24' above ground pool. The incredibly wet summer we have had in the south has lead to some sand washing out from under the edge of my liner. Actually a section probably 10' long x 6inches wide x 3inches deep. Can I drain the pool and refill the sand? It is an overlap liner. I use well water and have plenty, so refilling is not an obstacle. I am afraid of ruining the liner by draining, but I see this being a 2-3 day project, so the liner shouldn't really have time to shrink? Any advice?
Thanks, Erik

you should be just fine....I had some wash out happen to my pool last fall, and it developed some pinhole leaks over the winter in that area...and I lost all but maybe 2 inches of water by the time we opened in the spring. So my liner sat all spring without water....I had the pool company come in, and pull the liner back, put sand cove back in, patch liner, and then reinstall that side..and then refill with water...EVERYTHING is good to go!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.