Castle in Georgia with a Swimming Pool Moat

harleysilo

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2012
North Georgia
Driven by this house for years, story is Man promised to build his wife a Castle, and he did! Supposedly it was featured in Better Homes and Garden many years ago. Looks really neat from the street in real life.

Supposedly the basement has viewing windows into the moat!

Wow. Very cool looking. Wonder if the circulation is such that it is a lazy river where you could float around the house.

Looks like a pretty high diving board out back as well.

One morning, apparently it was April 11th, 2011 from the email i found, i snapped this picture....yup that is a wild turkey! I see him 3/4 times a year standing right there! He will come out and harass motorists when traffic is at a stand still.

I have driven past this house! I was in the area a few years ago on business and we drove right past it, turned around and went back to get a few crude cell phone (flip phone!) pictures. I think I still have those pictures on my home computer. I had not noticed the moat/pool from the street.

What I did notice was trash cans at the curbside waiting to be picked up, which looked quite weird in front of a castle. And, there was a sign on the front gate giving notice that it was a private residence, so I assume they do not open it to the public.

-tim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
oh wow. Someone was very creative. That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

somewhat unrelated. But what kind of car is that you're in? I don't recognize the mirror and it's driving me batty.

Perhaps but I see This is a man with Money who went far and beyond to build a castle for his wife. i would do the same if my wife wanted a castle...as Long as she wasn't a shallow, materialistic punk.

Pfffft- I've even seen classier looking castles. The four turret all crammed so close together is just strange.
Yippy- snootie about her castles:queen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.