Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Castle in Georgia with a Swimming Pool Moat

1. Back To Top    #1

Castle in Georgia with a Swimming Pool Moat

Driven by this house for years, story is Man promised to build his wife a Castle, and he did! Supposedly it was featured in Better Homes and Garden many years ago. Looks really neat from the street in real life.

Supposedly the basement has viewing windows into the moat!

18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Castle in Georgia with a Swimming Pool Moat

Wow. Very cool looking. Wonder if the circulation is such that it is a lazy river where you could float around the house.

Looks like a pretty high diving board out back as well.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

One morning, apparently it was April 11th, 2011 from the email i found, i snapped this picture....yup that is a wild turkey! I see him 3/4 times a year standing right there! He will come out and harass motorists when traffic is at a stand still.

18'x43' Sport Pool
    SWCG and D.E. Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

If it isn't a lazy river it should be. I agree that would be super cool.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like he has an algae problem.
    I would sooooo not want to tackle the job of clearing up that monster though.
    Yikes!

That'd sure look amazing if it were a crystal clear bbb pool!
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

6. Back To Top    #6

It's really cool, but I would hate to have the job of brushing and vacuuming that monster. I suppose if I could afford that house I could just pay someone to take care of it for me... using the BBB method of course.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

7. Back To Top    #7

Is it open to visitors, or is it entirely private, just viewing it while foging up the glass?
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft² - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D

8. Back To Top    #8

Now that's a great lap-swimming pool!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by BoDarville
    Now that's a great lap-swimming pool!
    HAHA *like*

10. Back To Top    #10

I have driven past this house! I was in the area a few years ago on business and we drove right past it, turned around and went back to get a few crude cell phone (flip phone!) pictures. I think I still have those pictures on my home computer. I had not noticed the moat/pool from the street.

What I did notice was trash cans at the curbside waiting to be picked up, which looked quite weird in front of a castle. And, there was a sign on the front gate giving notice that it was a private residence, so I assume they do not open it to the public.

-tim
    Moved into house 9/2012 near Phila, PA, never had a pool before
    Pool was built in mid-80's: Indoor Anthony IG Pool, ~19000 gallons & ~350 gal spa
    Orig Anthony 2HP Pump & Anthony Apollo 52 sq ft DE filter & non-operational IF caretaker system
    Plaster and tile on dam wall redone June 2013

11. Back To Top    #11

Yup sign is still there.
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    SWCG and D.E. Filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Um...this is awesome. Im in South GA. I see a "pilgrimage" in the near future. lol
    16'X32'X8' Vinyl Pond with Diving Board (Neck Breaker), 1.5 hp FOXX WhisperFlo(Not so quite anymore), Massive Lawn Egg (aka: Sand Filter), Coolcrete Pool deck (Burns feet to a crisp), Large wooden Multi level deck (Splinter City) with fire pit in center (Insurance company's nightmare.)

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

oh wow. Someone was very creative. That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

somewhat unrelated. But what kind of car is that you're in? I don't recognize the mirror and it's driving me batty.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

14. Back To Top    #14

haha a true car guys there.
    16'X32'X8' Vinyl Pond with Diving Board (Neck Breaker), 1.5 hp FOXX WhisperFlo(Not so quite anymore), Massive Lawn Egg (aka: Sand Filter), Coolcrete Pool deck (Burns feet to a crisp), Large wooden Multi level deck (Splinter City) with fire pit in center (Insurance company's nightmare.)

15. Back To Top    #15

Why be normal.

Just to cool!
    34,000 gal, IG vinyl lagoon shape, Pentair intelliflo varible speed 3hp varible speed pump, 2hp varible speed sheer descent pump, 520 clean an clear cartridge filter, letro legend with booster pump, 8ft bench with two 3ft sheer decents, 3 Pentair Magic Flow Laminar Jets, Intellibrite 5g led lighting, Build currently in progress

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by edge View Post
    haha a true car guys there.

looks like a motorcycle mirror, but I'm hoping it's some obscure car. LOL

The mirror is nearly identical to the rearview mirror in my Elise (aftermarket)...so I'm really curious.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

17. Back To Top    #17

Well, IMO, this house is from someone with more money than good taste.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

18. Back To Top    #18

Perhaps but I see This is a man with Money who went far and beyond to build a castle for his wife. i would do the same if my wife wanted a castle...as Long as she wasn't a shallow, materialistic punk.

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by edge View Post
    Perhaps but I see This is a man with Money who went far and beyond to build a castle for his wife. i would do the same if my wife wanted a castle...as Long as she wasn't a shallow, materialistic punk.
    Pfffft- I've even seen classier looking castles. The four turret all crammed so close together is just strange.
    Yippy- snootie about her castles
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

20. Back To Top    #20

I agree but HEY, you can't be picky... A castle is a castle ma'am!