Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another pat on the back for TFP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Another pat on the back for TFP!

I read a lot, but don't post often. This year, I decided to go BBB after we had a new liner installed. I'd dealt with very high CYA from previous owners using dichlor and my own naivety as a new pool owner the first few years.

So anyway, the other day an HVAC guy come to service our A/C. When I opened the door the first thing he said to me was "that pool looks amazing!!". I said "thank you" and he went on to do his job. When he was filling out the paperwork at the end he started talking again about "seriously, that's the clearest, most sparkling pool I've ever seen in my entire life"! I was grinning from ear to ear. This man was not some young kid, and his girlfriend has a pool. So it wasn't just an observation by and untrained eye I let him know the basics of BBB and directed him to TFP to help his girlfriend out with her green pool.
    Ohio, 27' x 52" AGP, New Install, Cartridge, 1.5HP Pump, K2006

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Another pat on the back for TFP!

Very satisfying huh?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    DFW, Texas

Great job, kmgt

The word is getting out...
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.