Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: White stains on pool

1. Back To Top    #1

White stains on pool

Hello, just had my pool completed about 2 months ago and i've been noticing these white stains on there. In the beginning there was a lot of dirt in pool as a result of high wind and i'm thinking it may have contributed to it. I didn't think much of it until a friend who also owns a pool with blue quartz brought it up.
    At first i was thinking it was algae, but my OCLT is only .5. I have never done the slam method on my pool since it open as a result of the water being very clear, and it being pretty much in check the whole time ( chemical wise). Anyone have an idea what it is and how i can get rid of it?

FC 3
    cc 0
    cya 60
    TA 120
    ph 7.4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    17k gallon pool, pentair whisperflo pump 1hp, Pentair FNS Plus 36, SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g, blue quartz with pebble finish landings/bench, ultra pure water cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: White stains on pool

It's hard for me to tell whether I am seeing it or not. Have you spoken to your installer about it?

I would like to recommend to you, the purchase of a better test kit. You left out calcium hardness in the results and calcium is a notorious culprit in plaster not looking like it should. Consider going to tftestkits.net an get yourself a TF-100 kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

I just didn't check It. I'll check for calcium later. I had checked it a while ago and it was fine. I'll check it again

Thanks for response!
    17k gallon pool, pentair whisperflo pump 1hp, Pentair FNS Plus 36, SWG Hayward Turbo Cell 15 40,000g, blue quartz with pebble finish landings/bench, ultra pure water cleaner.

4. Back To Top    #4

I checked the calcium hardness and it was at 330 ppm. Seems to be right on according to pool book. Here is another pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images