Winter Pool Cover

mfwade

Jul 1, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
All,

I have recently purchased the "Hurricane Above Ground Pool Cover" due to the excessive winds that pass through my back yard. Previous to this purchase I along with my neighbors simply shell out the $60-$90 or so dollars and replace the standard pool cover every year due to rips/tears, and wear (the pool covers really get beat up a lot). This will be my 3rd cover in 3 years! 1st one was beat up, could see through cover at pool opening. 2nd one blew off, broke 2 cables and tore in middle of winter. 3rd one lasted 1.5 months and looked worn, could see through cover in some spots.

Link to view cover: http://hurricaneabovegroundpoolcovers.com

This new pool cover is really heavy duty and is weighted down by sand/gravel tubes. My question is, have any of you used this cover or one similar? Please share your experiences...

Thank you,

Marvin

Marvin we tried the Hurricane cover last year and have decided to sell it exclusively since it performed extremly well. The location that we tried it in was on top of a hill without any trees to block the wind for a 1/4 mile, no buildings to block wind. The homeowner said it didn't blow and it stayed in place. The only thing I would do different would be to add the drain kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.