Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winter Pool Cover

1. Back To Top    #1

Hagerstown, MD

Winter Pool Cover

I have recently purchased the "Hurricane Above Ground Pool Cover" due to the excessive winds that pass through my back yard. Previous to this purchase I along with my neighbors simply shell out the $60-$90 or so dollars and replace the standard pool cover every year due to rips/tears, and wear (the pool covers really get beat up a lot). This will be my 3rd cover in 3 years! 1st one was beat up, could see through cover at pool opening. 2nd one blew off, broke 2 cables and tore in middle of winter. 3rd one lasted 1.5 months and looked worn, could see through cover in some spots.

Link to view cover:

This new pool cover is really heavy duty and is weighted down by sand/gravel tubes. My question is, have any of you used this cover or one similar? Please share your experiences...

Thank you,

24' x 54" Aqua Leader Influence Above Ground Pool
    Hayward Pro Series S180T Sand Filter w/Zeobrite
    Hayward Power-Flo Martix SP1592FP Pump
    Lamotte ColorQ Pro 7 Test Kit
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr. Pool Cleaner
    All equipment is hard plumbed

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Winter Pool Cover

Marvin we tried the Hurricane cover last year and have decided to sell it exclusively since it performed extremly well. The location that we tried it in was on top of a hill without any trees to block the wind for a 1/4 mile, no buildings to block wind. The homeowner said it didn't blow and it stayed in place. The only thing I would do different would be to add the drain kit.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

3. Back To Top    #3
    Richland, PA

Re: Winter Pool Cover

I need one of these. Wind blow 300 of 365 a year at my place. Winters are brutal on covers. Thanks for the post !!!!!!
    24x54 Sharkline Matrix
    Hayward 1 hp Powermax single speed pump
    Hayward ec50ac DE filter