Newbie to the forums...

Aug 10, 2013
Hello,

Just installed my first pool last month (July) and my brother-n-law told me about this site. Great info. Thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I grew up with an in-ground pool and my wife never had a pool so I got us a above ground 18' round for her birthday. My friend and I put it up in about 2 weekends with the help from a tractor for leveling. I'll take some pics and post soon. I'm in the process of plumbing up my Intex SWG with PVC piping so I'm hoping everything works out for me. :lol:

_Jason

Welcome to TFP !

Spend sometime in pool school, lots of good Iinfo there. If you don't have a good test kit take a look at one if the ones we recommend. It's a must have to manage your pool.

Add your pool and equipment to your sig, it will help us help you.

Thanks for all the welcomes.
I've been reading the pool school info and been roaming the forums for info. I've got the TF100 test kit on my wish list so as soon as I get some cash I'll be getting one. I should have pics by the weekend.

Thanks again. :goodjob:

For the cost of one night on the town, you could have the TF-100.

Even though my sig says K-2006, I have added the components for the TF-100 (CYA test kit parts), the rest is essentially the same.

I can guarantee you will NOT regret the purchase of either of the recommended test kits, TF-100 being the better value for your $$.

When I started caring for this pool, while neighbor owned it, I tried with the cheap wallyworld kits. No go. Not enough accuracy, and not high enough for FC. Pool was a mess and stayed that way. Neighbor said "I quit", and gave us the pool. Between here and another forum's recommendations, I bit the bullet and bought the K-2006. Pool has been clear ever since, with the exception of one fight with mustard algae.

Believe me, I know what the "too much month for the money" is all about. Get the kit.

Well here are photos....had some problems with the pump so I had to get another under warranty and now everything is up and running smooth....

Attachments

• IMG_8736.JPG
    IMG_8736.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8737.JPG
    IMG_8737.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8738.JPG
    IMG_8738.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 63

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to tfp, PoolBoyJay :wave:

Nice diy install :cheers:

I would disconnect the copper bars for the intex swg. I believe it is the first connector located between the pump and the filter. No need for copper ions in a properly chlorinated pool. Copper can stain pool surfaces and turn blond hair green.