Hello all. This is my first post on TFP but I've been reading alot of the posts thanks to google searchs. This summer
Is my first full season as a pool owner and I threw the trichlor and dichlor out about 2 months ago. My CYA hit @ 145 ppm. Bleach and an occasional couple of pounds of shock after a bbq where my 19,000 gallon fiberglass pool welcomes about 20 swimmers in an afternoon. I have read how some never see a problem with pucks and it must be because of light swimmer load amongst other issues. The contractor installed a pool frog and at first when the water temp was low it sustained fine. Then as june temps rose and the pool became popular thats when the fight started. I would shock with a 4 in 1 shock that was triclor on top of the bac pacs which use triclor as well.