Replacing Brass Gate valves with Jandy Neverlube valve.

bobodaclown

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Hello Everyone,
I'm going to be swapping out 2 NIBCO T113 gate valves for a Jandy Neverlube. The valves are missing handles and one of the valves seems to be stripped out. The two valves are on the supply side, one valve to the skimmer and the other to the main drain.
I'm planning on cutting the pipe below the valve, add a sleeve and bring the pipe up to pump level. I'd like to be able to add in 2-ells like in the original setup. They are capped on the top, nice if I get a clog to run a snake or such. (Has come in handy in the past.)

IMG_20120214_165133.jpg

The valves I'm replacing are on the left side.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Bob

I guess there is nothing wrong with keeping the cleanouts as long as they have been working for you. Just be aware that they do appear to be drain, waste, vent fittings not the pressure fillings that should be used. I just installed 3 Jandy never lubes on my system. Great valves.

Got the pieces together but then realized the bottom of the valves are lower than the top of the water. That could cause a slight dilemma, with pool water rushing out the pipes. Was going through the procedures and it occurred to me.

So I'm thinking a rag stuffed into a plastic bag on the main drain and the skimmer basket to keep the water out, then a turkey baster to lower the water in the pipe when I make the cuts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.