Pool heater broken

Aug 21, 2013
I have a Pentair Minimax NT. The blower was not working. A technician replaced the fan blower. It was now blowing, but the air was cold. It would not heat unless he bypassed the Air Pressure Switch. He said this is a temporary solution and he must find the electrical problem. The switch was bypassed, the heat came on for a minute and then everything went off. Now NOTHING goes on. Could the bypass have shorted out my entire heater. I am also losing water in the pool. Is this related to the heater?

I've never seen bypassing the air switch to cause any type of total short. Didn't the tech check things out while it was running or did he run away fast after you paid them?

When you say "NOTHING" will come on, do you mean even the display won't even turn on?

A licensed technician worked on the heater. He is calling Pentair to ask about the electrical problem. He would not take money because it wasn't fixed. Yes, the display and the entire heater will not turn on. Any suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.