Cost Estimate for Adding Spa to New Build -Austin TX

Oct 3, 2012
Hi there- I'm trying to compare two bids we received from the same builder - one recent bid includes a spa and the other, which we received about 10 months ago does not. The bid on the pool with spa is $19k more than the pool without spa. However, our more recent pool/spa design does not include a raised beam/wall with water feature and has less decking. The original bid also included one LED and the recent bid has none. Can anyone give me an estimate of how much a 7x7 spa would usually add in Austin? Thanks

Poolschooler said:
Did you add a heater to the new estimate. 19k seems a not high. I would think in the neighbor hood of 10-12K. I'm in Dallas.

I agree - 10 to 12k is about right. My PB charges a little less than that, but we got 7 bids prior to selecting a PB and most were 12k(ish) - Including heater and all associated equipment (Control panel upgrade for spas, blower, etc...).

Thank you! It seems high to me too considering the other changes we made. Now I'm getting concerned that the builder we really want to use may have so much work that they are able to charge this much and we may have to go back to the drawing board with builders. I'm hoping we can have a straight forward discussion about the increase but I'm not the best negotiator. :) We talk with them again on Friday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.