New pool needs to be dismantled... any advice??

Mar 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
Hi guys, I have had nothing but bad luck with my new above ground pool and I need to dismantle it and put it in storage until I move. The installers installed the pool under overhead power lines and code compliance said the pool needs to be moved. I also have a swarm of bees that have made my pool steps home. I was told by a bee removal company there is nothing that can be done since a hive is within 10 miles from my home. They said give it another two months and the bees will be gone. I bought this pool in May and had it installed in June. Since the installer left me high and dry for over 2 weeks to complete the job my pool was full of algae. The algae will go away for a week and it returns with a vengence. Due to all of the issues we have used the pool only 3 times! Yet I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars :grrrr: Can I have this pool dismantled and kept in storage? What do I use to fill the enormous hole that will be left in the backyard so potential home buyers will see a normal backyard? Thanks as always for any advice!

I would think the wall and liner are the two most important things. For the wall try to get it rolled back up as tight as you can and secure it. Don't lay it flat. Keep it upright.

For the liner I guess just get it folded up as best you can and maybe put it in one of those big plastic bins. Everything else I would pack up as best you can.

For the hole, fill it up with topsoil and plant some grass seed if that's feasible.

Somebody else might have some better ideas.

Installed under a power line. :hammer: WOW! :shock:

You can definitely store the pool and reinstall it later. Sorry you've had so many issues.

I moved my pool from the dealer to my home. I bought the "demo" pool at the store. I would say to bag up and label all the different screws and small hardware parts. Take some photos with the liner down. i was able to re-use my liner but planning on a new one is safe. Sort and clean all the parts and store them neatly so its easy when it's time to rebuild. As for the hole, a tractor could make it disappear pretty quickly. How deep in the pool hole? A good rototiller could be used. I like the 13HP Barreto brand hydraulic tiller Home Depot rents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.