Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter turned on after pool closing

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter turned on after pool closing

I closed my pool last week.
    Today my 2 year old 'accidentally' turned the filter on for about 10 secs. I should've turned off the breaker, but forgot to do that last week. Is this going to cause me any problem?
    Thank you.
    Jovian, Pool owner since 2011
    Specs: 30k Gallons, Sand Filter, IG, Vinyl, Filter: Hayward S244T, Pump: Hayward 1.5 HP SP2610X15

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filter turned on after pool closing

First, you can not turn on a filter. The filter is the thing that holds the sand.
    They turned on your pump ... and 10 seconds will not likely have caused a problem ... a few minutes and there is a possibility of overheating the pump and warping something.

EDIT: Unless I am misunderstanding what you actual concern is? I was thinking it was running the pump dry, but maybe that is not what you are worried about.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Where do you live that you're closing your pool already? Above the Arctic Circle?
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies, i shouldve been more specific. my concern is the fact that the 2 return jets and the skimmers have been closed.
    I had to close it last week because of new baby that we need to kinda focus on more...
    Thanks,
    Jovian, Pool owner since 2011
    Specs: 30k Gallons, Sand Filter, IG, Vinyl, Filter: Hayward S244T, Pump: Hayward 1.5 HP SP2610X15

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

10 seconds is completely harmless.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School