Jandy lite2 lg won't ignite

Poolninja

In The Industry
Aug 20, 2013
For those who are not familiar with this heater jandy retro fitted a small circuit board into it and this causes a lot of power drain when you are only dealing with 500-700 millivolts. This circuit board (from my understanding) only controls the thermostat. I just put in an iaqualink system so now my equipment is now controlled by that. My question is: since I now control my temperature through my iaqualink, I wish to remove/bypass my thermostat on my heater because I believe this is the cause of no ignition. Is there a way to do this ?

Never mind, after reading a lot on the Internet I have figured it out. I thought I would post my results so others can follow if needed. The reason I wanted to bypass the mini circuit board is because a new one is $610 and I don't need it. Turns out all the circuit board does IS control your thermostat and thermoster. I first disconnected the yellow and black wire that went from the circuit board to the gas valve (power to the board) then I took the wire off the board that went to my manual switch and connected it to the "th" position on the gas valve. "Ta da!" Works perfectly with all safety functions still in tact

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.