ADDING A WATER FEATURE...pump

scratchedup

Gold Supporter
Apr 2, 2013
Fayetteville, GA
I have a pretty standard 18 x 36 pool with 1.25 HP pump on 2" line. Polaris 3/4 HP motor. Standard size sand filter ?

Pumps are below water level by ~ 4'.

The water feature will have 3 outlets and will be on top of pool deck and will prob use a 3/4HP dedicated motor at the below water level location. Supply water will need to be pumped up hill ~ 5' + ~ 40' run.

? Where can I tap in for supply water or do I need a ($$$) dedicated new supply. If I tap into the skimmer or the main drain return at the pump area can I run my feature (additional) pump simultaneously with the main filter and polaris pumps? Or is this just not possible?

THX :roll:

Ened up pretty standard---
Plumbing and electric was DIY, Stone work- paid a mason friend, gas line paid to run yellow flex line off house.

2" pipe with a 1 1/2" adapter off the Super Pump.

(Two pipe fittings threaded into and out of pump...no leakeee vs main pump and polaris that have leaked for 13+ years with "professional" install...)

This was a crazy idea of mine...a big shock absorber + the two support legs are just 2" "T's"... input welcome...

Casualty... Someone "turned off system" by shutting off the valves leaving the motor to run all night... :whip:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.