Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I Blame TFP and the BBB Method...

1. Back To Top    #1

I Blame TFP and the BBB Method...

...on being the cause of a boring, easy to maintain swimming pool!

After ordering my TF-100 and switching to the BBB method, I was ready to track my daily chemical consumption and test results along with bather load, weather, daily sun exposure. I logged all that for a few days but stopped after a week, my pool became so predictable and boring (in a good way). I almost miss the satisfaction after all the effort to get the pool somewhat blue and clear for a week. Now I can have swimmers over, rain, and sun, and I am not worried at all about having algae or cloudiness. About a gallon of bleach a day and I am good to go!

Thank you TFP and everyone who has contributed to the numerous threads I have read over the past few months! I am armed with the knowledge required to stay ahead of my pool's chemistry instead of reacting to problems.

--Thomas
    30'x52'' AGP 21,000 Gallons
    TWM 2.64 SF Sand Filter w/ Century 1.5 HP Pump
    BBB'er for life!
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: I Blame TFP and the BBB Method...

Nice work. You are the BBB'r we want everyone to be. You have learned why and how you manage your pool so thoroughly it has become second nature to you. Feels pretty good, huh?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tommyd123
    ...on being the cause of a boring, easy to maintain swimming pool!

After ordering my TF-100 and switching to the BBB method, I was ready to track my daily chemical consumption and test results along with bather load, weather, daily sun exposure. I logged all that for a few days but stopped after a week, my pool became so predictable and boring (in a good way). I almost miss the satisfaction after all the effort to get the pool somewhat blue and clear for a week. Now I can have swimmers over, rain, and sun, and I am not worried at all about having algae or cloudiness. About a gallon of bleach a day and I am good to go!

Thank you TFP and everyone who has contributed to the numerous threads I have read over the past few months! I am armed with the knowledge required to stay ahead of my pool's chemistry instead of reacting to problems.

--Thomas
    What a great post! My fav lines now red Congratulations
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I can say the same here and it hasn't quite been a month yet. Once I got the CYA level down, everything sorta fell into place.
    24' Round, Above Ground, 13,600 gal, Vinyl Liner,
    Pentair SandDollar SD40 40GPM Sand Filter, Dynamo 1.5 HP Pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hah,
    That's funny . . . I worked over the last week to convert my green swamp into a TFP. I am about 1 day away from passing OCULT. I too have been tracking my activity . . . with Excel. Just this morning as I was performing my test I was thinking about a computer log. I also anticipated there would not be a lot of maintenance but . . . I was going to do it anyway.
    After reading your post it sounds very simular to my pools status right now. I will know more after the weekend. We are having 15+ people over for a Low Country Boil and pool party.
    If it stands as yours has I guess I'll stick to a notepad and work on planning a new patio area and deck!
    Now that's encouraging.
    BayScoutTim

BayScoutTim
    ---------------------------------------------------
    :: 28' round Doughboy AG (18,400 gallons) :: Hayward 1-1/2 hp Power-Flo Matrix pump :: Hayward Pro Series 21" top mount high-rate sand filter 65GPM :: Hayward Vari-Flo XL 7-way valve :: AquaBot Breeze 4WD :: TF-100 XL test kit :: SpeedStir magnetic stirrer ::

6. Back To Top    #6

tommyd123:

Now that's the way it's done! Great job
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.