Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fire pit/fire table

1. Back To Top    #1

SW Wisconsin

fire pit/fire table

We are redoing our firepit area...currently we have a wood burning firepit..throw logs in, let burn..we'd like to maybe install a firetable, that uses LP gas, and so I thought I'd check to see if anyone here as done a DIY firetable with burner, lp tank hidden underneath it, etc etc.

Thanks for any tips.

33' x 52" Swim and Play Inc. PARAGON AGP. Hayward H200 Heater. Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump. Sta-Rite Cristal Flo T-210WF Sand Filter. Stenner 45M5 chlorine pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    South FL

Re: fire pit/fire table

I have not done one, but I have some friends that did with landscaping blocks and they used fire glass in a bowl and it is spectacular! They built it large enough that a standard grill sized propane tank fits underneath and about 4 - 6" above it is the fire bowl. It really is beautiful, but doesn't roast marshmallows the same as a good wood fire - and you certainly wouldn't want any puff dripping into the glass!
    17' x 30' plaster pool, Intellipro Variable Speed pump, filter that's about to be replaced, 1 skimmer and 2 returns, and that's about all I know about this pool!
    4' ledge all the way around, deep "scoop" about 9' deep - NO DIVING!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Rock Hill, SC

Re: fire pit/fire table

I don't have a gas fireplace/pit/table, but I'm assuming you can control how big the flame is? Firetables look amazing, I'd love to have dinner around one, but I wouldn't want to roast while sitting there.
    "I feel most at home in the water. I disappear. That's where I belong."
    - Michael Phelps