Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blocked/Clogged vacuum pipe?

1. Back To Top    #1

Blocked/Clogged vacuum pipe?

I am getting very little suction when I hook my Pool Cleaner up to the vacuum line. I checked at the pool pump end and no clogs in the valves or pipes. I hooked the Pool Cleaner up to the skimmer line and it worked fine, excellent suction.

What's the best way to unclog the vacuum line as that's what the problem appears to be. It's about 20 feet from where the line is in the wall to where it comes up out of the ground at the valves next to the pump. There are two 90 degree turns to get the pipe to the valve and then a 90 at the valve based on the pool piping plans (plus I confirmed the pipe locations/layout while they were building the pool...)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
    South Florida. 20,000 gallons; 16x35 rectangular gunite; Pentair Intelliflo VF Variable Speed Pump; Hayward cartridge; Aqua Rite SWG. Dolphin Oasis Z5 Robotic Pool Cleaner; Kopec 540sc Electric Heat pump pool heater; Pool built in Spring 2004.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Blocked/Clogged vacuum pipe?

A snake or backpressuring the line is probably the easiest way.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit