Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: [[FC Shock Level Question]]

1. Back To Top    #1

[[FC Shock Level Question]]

Hello...

So I just drained over 2/3 of our pool and going to SLAM it. I have ran the tests for my PH and the levels are at 7.5... I am curious how much chlorine/bleach I should use? After running the test it looks like I have .5ppm, and I am confused at what level I should SLAM it to as the recommended levels are 3-7 (pool-school/recommended_levels) maintenance, but I am seeing shock levels on here at 30ppm.

I have 10% liquid chlorine, and I am am just curious if I should raise them to 30ppm or the 3-7ppm with pretty much clear fresh water with no signs of algae?

If 30, I am showing via the http://www.poolcalculator.com/ to add 334 oz or 2.2 Gallons or if 7ppm I should add 74 oz or 2 quarts 1 cup 2 oz.

Thanks!
    10000 Gallon Inground Plaster Pool with attached Spa, 2 Horse Pump, Hayward s244S Sand Filter, Hayward H250FD Heater, Quick Skim, Water Feature (waterfall from Spa to Pool), In-ground Pop-up Cleaning System (4 in spa, 13 in pool)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: [[FC Shock Level Question]]

Why are you going to SLAM if you have no reason? You would use the 30ppm for the shock level. You can do the OCLT to see if something is in the water requiring the SLAM process.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey jblizzle... I was told by @linen to SLAM my pool after I drained it (pool-constantly-cloudy-t68212.html)
    10000 Gallon Inground Plaster Pool with attached Spa, 2 Horse Pump, Hayward s244S Sand Filter, Hayward H250FD Heater, Quick Skim, Water Feature (waterfall from Spa to Pool), In-ground Pop-up Cleaning System (4 in spa, 13 in pool)

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, this is why you should keep your questions together.
    Then SLAM it and maintain 30ppm.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

great advice... thx!